Important Safety Information
- Do not use MESTINON if you have medical conditions known as mechanical intestinal obstruction or urinary obstruction. MESTINON should be used with caution if you have bronchial asthma.
- If you experience increased muscle weakness, contact your doctor immediately as it could be a sign of a very serious condition.
- Every patient has an individualized dose of MESTINON. It is important to follow your doctor's instructions carefully, especially if you have problems with your kidneys. Tell your doctor about any side effects that you may experience.
- It is not known if MESTINON is safe to use during pregnancy and breast feeding.
- The most common side effects of MESTINON are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, increased wavelike movement of the muscle walls of the organs of the gastrointestinal track such as the esophagus and the intestines, increased salivation, increased bronchial (lung) secretions, contraction of the pupil of the eye, and increased sweating. Other common side effects are muscle cramps, muscle twitches, and weakness. An occasional patient may see a skin rash.
- It is not known if MESTINON is safe and effective in children
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also contact Bausch Health Customer Service at 1-800-556-1937.
Please click here for full Prescribing Information for MESTINON.